Meditation and Practice Dharma Group
H.E. Garchen Rinpoche has kindly chosen several practices for us to do as a group (Lama Chopa/Guru Yoga, White Tara, Smoke Offering, Dzambhala, 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas). We have those texts available for your use. Rinpoche emphasized the importance of meeting for a regular group practice, and he also mentioned how important it is to maintain a warm and harmonious group atmosphere.
New Venue and Schedule
Join us every Saturday morning for group practice according to the schedule below. We’d love to practice with you.
New Meeting Venue
The Senior Center of West Seattle
Nucor Room, Second Floor
Accessible to persons with disabilities.
The public lot behind building offers 3 hours free parking, one block from Metro bus terminal stops.
4217 SW Oregon St.
Seattle, WA 98116
Phone: (206) 932-4044
New Meditation and Practice Schedule
- 9:15 AM-9:45 AM new option added for new students or anyone wanting meditation instruction.
- Come at 9:15 AM and watch a 30-minute video from Dorzin Rinpoche with Shamatha meditation instructions.
- 9:45 AM-10 AM: Short break. New students can discuss questions or concerns and find a comfortable seat.
- 10:00 AM-10:30 AM Group practice starts with Refuge, aspiration prayer, and 30-minute silent Shamatha meditation.
- 10:30 AM-10:35 AM 5-min break to stretch legs. Newcomers who aren’t comfortable with prayers and Deity practice could leave if they want or stay and just listen or participate if they wish.
- 10:35 AM-12 PM Prayers and sadhana practice. Closing prayers and dedications.
If you want to remove stress from your live and if you want to know what absolute truth and peace are like, you should come and try out our courses. This modern day life is full of things that are simply corrupting our aura and our being. To remove this thing, that is blocking us, from our lives, we need to practice meditation and other techniques that are proven to give results. Our understanding of life is yet to be discovered. Our purpose is also yet to be discovered. To have absolute truth and peace, to have a life free from suffering and constant problems, this is the way you should try out. We are here for you.